Monday, August 25, 2014

August 7, 2014 - Alrighty, one week down.

With his companion, Elder Pendell.

With his district. 

Alex with Jake Flynn and Spencer Evans.

Alex with Ethan England.

​Elder Pienaar (middle) - from South Africa going to Las Vegas and then my companion.

Alex with Davis Johnson.

Elder Barr - from California going to Las Vegas. 

August 7, 2014

Alrighty, one week down. Literally the longest week of my life. It feels like I've been in the MTC for a month. But I only have a few days until I get to go to Washington! I can't wait to finally get out there! So we've been teaching our progressive investigator Josh (really our teacher and we're just role playing) and he accepted to be baptized! Elder Pendell and I were so excited! It's just a role play but it gives you such a good feeling. Then we are teaching our TRC investigator (real investigator working at the MTC) and things have been going well. His name is Chad and he is a super nice guy. He was atheist but he said he knows there is a God now. Our conversations have been good and he's been asking us questions that we've been getting answers for him and he is very grateful for that. He is ready for the gospel! He just needs that little push! It's so fun to teach people! That's what gets me through. It's so good to help people see how the gospel can bless them and see them become happier. Josh has been happier every time we go to teach him. I'm so sorry I don't have pictures, I forgot my memory card, but if I have time to come back later today I will send them. P day is the greatest thing ever. It's so nice to finally relax but it's weird because we don't know what to do with our time. But it's still nice. So we got new elders yesterday. It helped me so much because it almost forced me to stop being so selfish and thinking about myself and just love the new elders! It's weird to think that I'm technically the veteran even though I've only been her for a week. But they are all cool guys and they will all be amazing missionaries. I know exactly what they're feeling. It was so so hard for me the first few days, but it's getting better. So I saw Weston Monson right as he came out from getting his name tag, so he was super fresh to the MTC. He looked terrified. He eyes were still red and he just looked like he wasn't quite sure if this is what he wanted to do. But I felt the same way and Jon Deiderich (if that's how you spell it) and I just ran up to him and gave him a big hug and told him we loved him. I saw him this morning and he looked a lot better. He said he was doing alright. I also saw Robby Borden and he was the same Robby as always. Super stoked about the gospel and so excited to be here and ready to teach. Both of them are going to be the best missionaries. So I've been eating a big salad with every meal and I've done my push ups and sit ups every day and I'm not fat.....yet. I'm going to work my hardest not to. My pants have gotten bigger. I've gotten to play basketball almost every morning, but it's so different. Missionaries are terrible at basketball, but it's still fun to lace up and play a little bit. My companion is still weird (and so am I) but we've gotten along well and I just have to love him. He doesn't really talk when we're giving lessons. Like at all. Sometimes I just have to stop talking and look at him so he'll say something, but that's ok. We're helping each other and improving every day. Coming here has made me realize how much I don't know. I'm so happy Brina challenged me to read the Book of Mormon or else things would have been that much harder. That challenge was such a blessing. Well I leave on Monday and that's kind of crazy. I'm so ready for it though. I'll be calling between like 5 and 9 am, but I don't know much other than that. I'll call a few times if you don't answer but turn the volume up on your phone. I love hearing from everyone and getting the letters and packages! I've gotten two packages from Dana Johnson, one from Steve Johnson, one from the Crofts, and one from the Bengtzens. I love them all so much. The other elders are all jealous because I've gotten six packages, but when I open them and share the food with them they are happy again! So thank you everyone for all of them! You are all in prayers and I think about you all the time! There is so much that has happened so I hope I'm not forgetting anything! Oh! Spencer Evans is in Romania now! It sucked to have to say goodbye to him again, but I love him and he's going to be an amazing missionary. The people of Romania are lucky to get him. I miss you all and I love you so much! Thanks again for all the letters and packages and prayers!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment