Tuesday, October 14, 2014

September 29th, 2014

Hello all!

Ok, First week of my second transfer is over.  And just like everyone said it would be, it was the longest week of the transfer.  And it wasn’t too eventful either.  However, I did get a Gatorade and some Cliff bars from Spencer, my cousin!  He ended up being close to my apartment, so he stopped by.  I wasn’t home, but it was awesome to see that on my doorstep when I got home.  All right, onto the investigators.  It is tough because a lot of them aren’t really progressing anymore, but we’re working with them.

J and J.  They are doing well and love the church and the Book of Mormon, but they let every little thing stop them from getting baptized.  Right now they have some legal issues going on that are causing stress and they want to get those out of the way first.  We keep trying to tell the that they will receive even more help after they are baptized, but they don’t seem to understand that quite yet.  And they love us, the missionaries, but they won’t really listen to much unless the ward mission leader says it.  So we’re working on it.  We want to get them baptized soon.

L.  We haven’t been able to make any contact with her.  She doesn’t even answer or return our calls.  She used to respond to the RS president, but we found out that even that isn’t working anymore.  And the RS president said that L does have some issues, so we’ll see how that goes.

A.  So we have been calling and texting A everyday and getting no response.  We also haven’t been to her apartment because there hasn’t been much progression.  We found out though that she has been out of town for the last week so that helps a bit.  We still don’t know why she hasn’t been responding.  As far as we know, she is still smoking and having a hard time accepting the law of tithing.

G.  So he didn’t show up to church last Sunday and then again on the 28th either.  It made me upset again!  When we went over there tonight he said he was up and ready to go but he didn’t have a ride.  A who normally would have been his ride, was out of town and they didn’t have a phone to call us.  Their only communication is A’s phone and she was out of town.  So he wasn’t at church, but he was ready to go.  That’s progression.  We had a good lesson with G, C (his mom) and MJ tonight.  I feel kind of bad because I did almost all the talking, but even when I stopped my companion wouldn’t say much, so I pretty much just took over the lesson.  I told my companion sorry, but he said it was okay.  I just told them how I know this gospel will help them.  I told them I could be at home with my family and friends and could be getting an education, but that I am here in Washington because I want to help people improve their lives and be happy.  I guess I am comfortable with them because I was really bold and upfront with them.  So G should at least watch one session of conference and then C and MJ might be.  I am worried because G is only 17 and has a lot of potential.  I say it with complete love and kindness when I say he can live a much better life than his parents.  But that doesn’t mean MJ and C aren’t important  We are still working with all of them.  I will let you know how it goes.

Well, that is about it for this week, not too much going on.  I hope everyone is doing great.  Love you all!

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment